Professional screen-printing is widely done mainly using machinery, but there are some manual parts in the steps. This means better overall quality versus other methods, but with it come a few things to keep in mind. These 10 common screen printing misconceptions hold true for screen-printers all around the world.
“I can’t find ANYTHING I like!” Sound familiar? If you’ve ever spent countless hours looking for new clothes and end up with a whole lot of nothing – it might be time to take things into your own hands. What better way to get something you actually like than to have the resources readily available to create your own custom clothing?
Part of what makes our job so awesome are the people, businesses and organizations we get to work with. The stories we learn about from day to day are intriguing and always keep us motivated. One organization that has inspired us lately is Unlock Hope. They provide healthcare, better food options and a safe place to live for a group of girls in a hostel in Hoima, Uganda, which enables them to educate the girls. They believe this is the first step in ending a difficult cycle of poverty in Africa.
Temperatures are warming up, sunshine and blue skies are making a comeback and we’re getting ready for your summer apparel orders! We know picking the right garment can be half the battle when placing an order, so we thought we’d give you a hand. We’ve put together a list of our top 5 Summer garments. These t-shirts and tanks are lightweight, soft and stylish, and we’ve got plenty more where these came from!
American Apparel 6401 – Unisex Sheer Jersey Short Sleeve T-Shirt
The classic. This ultralight, sheer jersey version of American Apparel’s legendary (and most popular item) Fine Jersey Short Sleeve T-Shirt is great for just about any person or design. It results in a great print, too!
When you place an order with Threadbird, our team immediately begins moving it through the system. You can help that process go smoothly and as quickly as possible by making sure your customer service rep has all artwork, sizing, due date (if specific) and shipping address with your order. We’ll handle the rest!
What exactly do we mean by “your order is being processed“? We’re glad you asked!
Once you’ve accepted and paid your invoice, here’s what’s next:
Your digital mocks are created. You should receive the mock for approval within 48 hours (usually faster).
- Once you get the mock, double (maybe even triple) check the following:
- Your Ship To address – This might seem obvious, but it prevents headaches down the road.
- Finishing Options (printed tags, hang tags, fold and bag, etc.) – Do you have any? Are they shown on the mock?
- Garment count for each size – Are all sizes and counts accurate?
Our Purchasing department orders your blank garments.
- We order your blanks right away to speed up your turnaround time. If you want to change your blanks, please let your customer service rep know as soon as possible to prevent additional delays and/or fees.
Your order goes into production.
- Average production time after mock approval is 5-7 business days.
- Any finishings and/or complex jobs may require additional time. Turnaround time is an estimate and not guaranteed.
- If you have a specific due date, please be sure to let your customer service rep know when placing your order.
- Questions or concerns about your order in the meantime? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your order is on the way!
- You can expect an email with tracking information as soon as your order has shipped.
- As much as we cross our fingers that it won’t be an issue, we can’t be held responsible for any shipping exceptions, i.e. inclement weather, lost packages, etc.
We understand you’re excited to get your order, so you can count on us doing everything we can to make that happen as soon as possible while delivering the best quality!
So you’re ready to place a garment order. What’s next, you ask? There will be a number of steps to make sure we have everything you need, one being “high resolution or vectorized artwork”. What the heck does that mean? Well, allow us to explain.
High quality artwork is crucial in the screen printing process. The design you print is a major selling point for any clothing brand, band or retail company. It’s the reason your customers want to buy it from you, and we want all of our customers to succeed. Below we’ll answer some of the top questions that our customers have about artwork files.
“What’s a vector file?”
A vector file is a scalable art format that is most commonly associated with Adobe Illustrator. It’s a file that can be sized small enough to print on a baby onesie or large enough to fit on a billboard without any degradation or loss of clarity. It’s the favored file format of screen printers because it can be easily resized should the artwork require it.
“What does ‘high resolution artwork’ mean?”
It means that when zoomed in at 100% on an image, it has well defined, crisp lines. The two images below help illustrate that. On the top you see two seemingly identical images, but when you zoom in on the two images you’ll see the contrast between the two. The left image is muddy and not well defined. The image on the right, however, is clean without any blurriness or distortion.